Wednesday 13 June 2012

Sketching in France II: Corsica

Here are a few more sketches from my trip to Corsica


Some authentic cafe sketching!  The first 4 were done at a cafe while waiting for my breakfast of coffee and croissant.  The last 5 were done this week back in Vancouver, because once my breakfast came I stopped drawing, and I couldn't leave all that blank space there.


View from a hotel in Calvi.  Dinner time prevented me from adding water and sky, but I kind of like it like this.


View from a hotel in Porto.  Looking right up at these big mountains.  Trying to figure out how to show contrast and depth.


Pool in Porto.  This was the rest day of the bike trip.  It was just the right amount of "normal vacation".  After  a lunch of pasta and ice cream, I cooled off in the pool then sketched, napped, and read poolside.  Ya it was pretty sweet.


Back in the pool after dinner.  Cooling my legs in the water I took another stab at the mountains.  It was pretty dark so I couldn't really see what I was doing.


Hotel view in Corte.  Looking out across a busy street, and up a huge flight of stairs.  I like how everything kind of mashes together organically.  Very few straight lines.

2 comments:

  1. Your style in these is very fitting to what I think of France, awesome loose lines, but at the same time the sketches look really focused. Sweet work as usual!

    ReplyDelete